Wednesday, April 20, 2011

105 - Orvieto and Beyond







We all got up very early today and shleped to the train station for trains to Rome and Orvieto. Melaine was headed back to Rome to head home, so very sad...and Mom and I were headed to have lunch in Orvieto before heading to Paris tonight.


Once we hit Orvieto, we stopped at the intern house and dropped off our luggage, I then purchased another piece of luggage, seeing as how I had too much stuff and needed to pack even more, how awful! The only bags left were bright blue or hot pink, so blue it was. I showed mom all the Orvieto sights, it was a clear sunny day and it was perfect to see all the countryside.


We shopped a bit and then headed to the restaurant for a very tasty meal. It was so wonderful to see everyone again and share some presents with them. Peanut butter, gummy worms it’s the little things you know.


We started with the guanciale antipasto and then mom had the truffle ravioli and I had carbonara. So tasty! It was time to head out, and that damn Carlo always makes me want to cry when I leave. He is the sweetest man ever. It was time to go and it was nice to say farewell. We shleped very quickly down the hill and made our train to Rome then jumped on another quick train to go to the smaller Ciampiano airport.


We were headed to Paris, and I could hardly wait, just one problem, RyanAir, the worst airline of all time. Fee, after Fee, after Fee! But we had the whole front row of the plane to ourselves and we planned some of our visit once we were to get to Paris. After landing we had to get on another bus to the heart of Paris. After getting to the place, then we had to find the hotel.


After my mom dealt with my travel tantrum, we found the hotel, checked in, showered and went to bed. It was quite a long travel day and I was glad to have a comfortable quiet bed to end up in.


With Italy behind me and us, bittersweet, it will be time for an exciting trip to Paris.

Until Tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment