Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 102 - Assisi on a Sunday







Sunday, the Lord’s day, as it has been called; why not visit the Christ-est place in Italy? We took the train to Assisi, 1.5 hours, not too bad, and bussed up the mountain to make our fist stop at St. Francis of Assisi’s cathedral. Luckily we made it in time for the last half of mass, and I know my mom was very happy. It was a beautiful and packed service in Italian. After, we perused the large church and grounds and then did a little shopping on our way to lunch.


We found some great little trinkets and even hit up the best store, the Olive wood store. This place always gets me in trouble, I just want to buy it all!!! We had gelati on the steps of a church and then continued to look at 4 more churches an sites in Assisi. I knew this would be my mom’s favorite place that we visited. It is very quiet and peaceful and serene. We made our way back to the train and home for the evening,


We made mushroom and sausage risotto for dinner and then Melaine and I played some Italian card games. Way too much fun for our own good.


My favorite city tomorrow, so very excited!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment