Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 108 - A Spain in my Ass







We woke up early today and headed back to the bus to take us to the airport. I slept the whole way, shocking. The flight was fine, even though after this experience, I will never fly RyanAir or any other rincky-dink airline again! We landed in Barcelona and it looked lovely outside. We had a bit of trouble with getting to our exact destination because the lady never gave us the right information to make it there. Then we had to use the payphone to call this guy to get into our apartment. It was a mess, but when we made it, it was really nice to be in our place.


The apartment we were renting was a block of the La Rambla, the busiest street in Barcelona. It was already too much city for my mom, I could tell. After meeting with the manager of the property and getting everything sorted out, we set out to the market.


La Boqueria is one of the largest outdoor markets I have seen. We were going to buy some items for the house for the week and for dinner that night. We decided to stay in and relax a while. What a wonderful place! I would go here everyday if I could. So many meats and cheese and veggies and fish. What a treat for the locals. I can hardly explain it all, so just check out the photos!


We also went to the supermarket up the street to buy some general items as well. We found Jamon (ham) flavored pringles and spicy curry ketchup. All in all, we did pretty well and trekked back home. We decided to stay in tonight and make dinner, hamburgers and sauteed green beans. Yum!


Attacking Spain tomorrow, time to get some travel rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment