Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 3 - Italian Interlude






Sunday, the day after Christmas. After a restless night of sleep, it was time to take the Finnicular (gondola) up to Orvieto Scala to explore and find our way around the beautiful place. We headed up around 11 am or so and took the bus to the Duromo, the largest church. It was stunning. I will explore more and go inside next time, but it was great to see the architecture up close.


From here, we found our way to the restaurant and then realized there was a much quicker way to access it, so it was fun to get lost for a bit. My main goal was to find Internet! Since our apartment does not have it, I have been out of touch for a few days, and not liking the lack of information and communication from friends and family. We found an internet cafe for 5 Euros I had access to fast internet and it actually was very helpful to my sanity to talk with my Mom and email my friends and post blogs, of course. The ristorante has wireless so I think I will try and get on it Monday there in order to pay some bills and organize emails and such.


We met our other roommate today. he had a week off, so he went to Bristol, England to spend the holidays with friends and family. Tyler is from Johnson & Wales, the RI contingent, and is turning 20 tomorrow. He has been here since November 28th, so it should be good to have someone with some knowledge of hours & kitchen ettiquette and such. Tomorrow is the big day, 9:30 am start time. It looks like it is going to be super heavy prep because we are preparing for the Umbria Jazz Festival that starts on Wednesday, this will lead right into New Years Eve, where we will be doing plated meals for $95 Euros a person. This week looks like it will be very busy, so I am looking forward to activity and pressure.


It was nice to see the sun today, no rain!!! Catch you all up tomorrow on the happenings.

Ciao, Ciao,

Nikki


The Images are from the Duromo and the Communal Gardens in Orvieto.

1 comment:

  1. Make me a NYE dinner! Post what you make, chucklehead.

    ReplyDelete