Friday, December 31, 2010

Day 7 - Dishpan Hands


Why can’t people understand that there is more than one way to do something? My blood boiled today, literally!!! As I am still on dish pit duty, (which I only begrudge a little, like a pinch of salt little) I have worked out the kinks and come up with what works best for me in this area of the kitchen. Is it the correct way? Right way? Who knows, but it works, and it works well. We had a large party plus a la carte diners today, so we were rather busy. Intern Tyler, jumps into dishville and start getting in my way and then takes over. I of course, you all know how I can get, ‘Why don’t I just get out of your way?” I say with a twing of disgust and annoyance. He responds “ I just want to knock these out” Really Ass Hole, so do I. I did not say that, but he got the point. He insisted that his way was the best way, like I have never been in a dish pit before. F that dude, 20 year olds, jeez (Yes, Moe, I just offended a whole age group, again, shocking)


Ok, enough with the rant. The pork, cabbage roll things were actually pretty good. Or I was really hungry, not sure which. We seared then braised them then ate a few for family meal. I actually got to cook something today, which felt really great: Braised Cabbage with Raisins and Red Onion Marmalade. These were for the NYE event happening tomorrow. My hands are way dry and my cuticles are in a sad state of affairs. 14 hours again today, busier at both lunch and dinner. We have a party in the afternoon tomorrow then a plated special dinner for New Years tomorrow night. My guess is that we will not get out till about 2 am this night. But 2011 will be celebrated in Italy, so that is a great thing.


Language Lesson 2


Fata (fat-ahh) = Make


Cato = Cat (Oh Mi Cato’s)


Carno = Dog


2 comments:

  1. Hahahah you annoyed is my favorite. I can just picture it. I love that you didn't even send me a "cooldown before writing the blog" e-mail. Just went for it. Love you! Chin up. Keep bustin it and don't take crap from 20 yr olds. Bet your brasied cabbage was yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to get your point across. Way to represent! Hopefully you will change stations soon!

    ReplyDelete