Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 4 - Work!- Finally!!!

So after being numbed by staring at the four walls of my apartment, we got tow go to work today!!! I know this may seem silly that I am so excited about this, but I needed to get back in the kitchen, in any sort of capacity. Me and my other 2 roommates, Tyler & Franchesco, from J&W and the CIA respectively were the only ones assisting the chef today. He has a sous, Carlo, but he was ill today. So it is pretty interesting that it is such a light crew, even though service was not a problem.


After a little electrical issue this morning, the circuit for the lights was not working, we eventually started the day. Chef Lorenzo and I went to the SuperMarket to shop for items we needed for prep. I love the Market, as many will tell you, so when we were buying flats of cheese, milk, flour, sugar, and veggies, you know I was in hog heaven. The two carts were so full I could hardly navigate through all the Blue Hairs. Then it was off to prep city. Then dinner service at 7. No worries friends, I was right in my element, Chef put me on f**ing dish duty!!! Moe, Danielle, and I were self-appointed dish nazi’s in school, so I guess it only right that that is how I start off my Internship too. However, as I scope the kitchen and such, I am finding some semblance of comfort in my surroundings and knowing that a Kitchen, with all of it’s moving parts, puts me at ease. After 14 hours with hardly any break, I am now ready to sleep, hopefully though the night!!!


Hope you are enjoying the posts. I will include some photos of the restaurant on the next one.


Peace & Luv,

Nikki

2 comments:

  1. dish plate engineer is the heart of any kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You loved being dish nazi and yelling at people. It was your therapy after long days. :)

    ReplyDelete