Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 44 - Friday = Angry Day


Man was I way bitchy today. I know, that is so wild to believe (note the sarcasm), but it was true. Not sure what the issue was, but I came close to slapping a few of the guys today, everything was getting on my nerves. I think it was a combination of having to repeat myself and answering stupid questions, two of my favorite things. I guess the term ‘Silence is Golden’ was my motto for the day, but the silence kept being broken, so I just became more and more annoyed.


We did make polenta cakes for a party for Saturday, we made 2 kilos of polenta, 4.4 lbs. It made 2.5 sheet pans of polenta. I also bagged the lard-biscotti from earlier in the week. They looked nice, bagged in tall skinny cellophane bags with the Zeppelin business card attached. It will be a nice marketing tool.


We had 10 customers all day, so it was nice to cook a bit. I feel pretty comfortable behind the line, but would like a bit more business to really test out my abilities. After siesta, where I just laid, zoning out to some American TV, I felt a bit less bitchy. That was until the ridiculous questions popped back up. By the end of the night, we were all so hungry again, that as we waited for the last customers to leave, at the suggestion of head waiter Vito Palo, we had a sandwhich party. We basically set a table cloth on a table like a picnic and made a bunch of sammies. It was pretty fun and delicious. Vito is very funny and is always trying to get us to have vino at the end of the shift, of course today, I was all in.


Home to sleep off the annoyance, is that possible? I am sure I will be better again tomorrow. HA!


No comments:

Post a Comment