Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 55 - Tuesday, Can I get a Nap please?


After such a long day the day before, Tuesday was hopefully going to be a bit slow. We all came in and started prepping some items for some future parties that we had on the books. Chef came in and we worked on bagging some biscotti for hotel gifts. We discussed that it has been roughly 3 weeks since our last change of stations, so since Tyler only has 2 weeks left, he is back on hit line with Drew, Frankie on Salad and Dolci and me back on dish pit. But that being said, it was sort of a free for all. We had only a few customers during lunch, but we prepped quite a bit.


Siesta came along and so did a lovely nap!!! I think I love napping during siesta, lying down during siesta is one of my favorite parts of the day. I think we should try this siesta thing out in the States. It would be lovely to have this option during the work day. Especially for my friends who work in offices, since the computer can strain eyes and the work can be annoying.


Back for dinner and chef was going to close for the evening, but Vitopaolo advised to stay open and chef stay home. So we three were in four were in ‘charge’. We worked on a few customer orders and then cleaned up for the day. Not too shabby of a day. It was nice to have the chef entrust with the place on our own. Then it was time for bed, and unfortunately, I was up for a very long time, looking into some potential jobs after this internship. So not fun!


Mid week and looking forward to my next day off on Friday!


Miss you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment