Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 49 - Bite the Bullet



Another slowish day, just a few customers in for lunch. Chef Lorenzo is gone until Friday, so we have just been prepping for a la carte, for the group on Saturday, and for San Valentino menu. I made carbonara for lunch today, it was so tasty, but needed a bit more salt in the pasta water. Other than that, it was nice to have such a delicious lunch treat. Carbonara lunches are funny at the restaurant because it seems to be the most popular item, so we always make extra, and then we plow through our first bowl in order to get in line for seconds, very funny! But I made all portions fairly equal, so this was nice not to have to rush, but to savor because there were no leftovers.


After another lazy siesta, it was time to work dinner. Carlo prepared wild boar chops for dinner. Cooked on the flattop and served with some potatoes and salad, with oil on the meat. Olive Oil goes on top of almost everything in the restaurant. Even more than we used at Fuel, hahaha. But it is like a condiment here, it is also really tasty. So halfway through my bone in chop, I discovered something very interesting, a pellet from the gun that killed the boar, in my chop. Luckily, I did not eat it, but I did keep it, pretty interesting to have this find. Nothing wrong in knowing your meat is fresh and truly wild!


Just a few customers for dinner, nothing to difficult, 6 people I think. Carlo drove me home as the boys went out, I am just so not into going out all the time and walking home, so I was planning on reserving this time for the weekend.


A shout out to FUEL Cafe! Their February menu looks absolutly divine! All Colorado folk should make a reservation for next weekend. There are some dishes that remind me of what I am eating here in Italy. The mushrooms with stinky cheese, the green gnocchi, and the Meyer lemon semi-freddo all seem so divine. Although, the Duck breast paired with parsnip chips would be right up my ally followed by the carrot cake. Check it out, www.fuelcafedenver.com


Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment