Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 61 - Monday...Carlo’s Return!


Even with Carlo back, Monday morning was crazy, with getting ready for the hotel gig and working on normal prep and chef had pizza class in the afternoon. It was definitely chaotic prior to Tyler and Frankie leaving for the hotel. But once they were gone with all the stuff, Carlo, Drew, and I just prepped, and it was nice and quiet and consistent. We finsihed most of the prep for the next 2 days of hotel and a party for Tuesday night. We made more pasta, some sauces, and a few porchettas.


Home for siesta, my traditional nap, and then I began to research my next trip for this week for my day off. With Fashion Week in Milan, I was hoping my day off would fall on an event day there. After doing the research, it was time to head back up the hill. We were slow, so I started to read my book, ‘Everything I want to do is Illegal - Wageing the war on the farm’ by Joel Saltain. I am a few chapters in and already it is amazing to see how the government works when it comes to the way food is processed, prepared, and sold to the general public, and why most small farmers are pushed out of business because they can not afford to keep up with all the industrial standards. If you can not read the book, you should at least attempt reading the ‘Omnivores Dillema’ by Micheal Pollin or watch Food Inc. This movie is amazing!!!


We had no customers for dinner, and we were out fairly early. My mom and I chatted and she booked her ticket, so ready to see a friendly lovely face!!! In to Rome and out of Barcelona, we are for sure in for an adventure! Don’t worry blog readers, this trip will be put down for the record too. Also confirmed was my day off on Wednesday, so I am in the process of booking my expensive but hopefully worth it, trip to Milano.


Ciao Bello!


No comments:

Post a Comment