Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 53 - Sunday, NoFunday


Nursing a hangover is awful! I am way too old for this! Luckily, we were a bit slow at lunch on Sunday. I spent the morning prep time forming my vegetable terrine for the San Valentino dinner. Layers of thin zucchini, eggplant, herbed ricotta, and spicy tomato sauce. It was a beautiful site to see them all built and formed. Then it was off to make some desserts for guests and wrap up for the day.


All I could think about was a shower, nap, and some Kraft mac and cheese. So thank you to Carlo for dropping me off and thank you to Mama Olst for the shipment of mac & cheese, and thank you to my hot water heater for such a delightful shower. After a longer than expected nap, I awoke to a house full of people. All the boys and Anna, Tylers gal from KSU were all over. We had planned a special Sunday night dinner for us all. TACOS!!! It was so deliscious. I know it seems silly, but it was nice to have a change of pace for food. We had made our own taco seasoning mix from spices at the restaurant added a bit of garlic and went forward making the 1 kilo of meat. We even found tortilla chips and piadina wrappers that were similar to soft shells. It was so tasty. It was the perfect food to round out my hangover and get me feeling better.


Ciao Amici!


Taco Seasoning Mix

In varying amounts, dependent on how spicy or sweet you like your mix:

Ground Cumin

Salt

Black Pepper

Spicy Paprika

Curry Powder

Cayenne Pepper

Parsley

Oregano

Crushed Red Peppers

No comments:

Post a Comment