Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 48 - Tuesday Snoozeday!



So after a very early train ride back to Orvieto, where yes, I almost missed my stop, it was off to work. A slow lunch and then a nice little nap at siesta was all I needed for a quiet evening of work.


Chef has us all working on a special Prix Fix Valentines Day menu. So we were working on that and I am in charge of Antipasto, the first course. Thinking that I will do a version of the raw vegetable terrine from Charlie Trotter, we made this in Art Culinaire in school, and it was rather tasty. I worked on the ingredient list and then how to alter it since some of the items are not readily available here in Italy.


The boys spent the evening talking with some students from Arizona, which meant that I was able to work on the line solo! Pretty great actually, only a few customers, but it was enough to keep me busy and cooking all by my self, Carlo just let me go with it. It was great!


Spent the evening after work eating a gelato ice cream bar and watching an interesting movie, Catfish. If you have not seen it, check it out, it is a documentary of sorts about Facebook and a relationship that happens, very interesting.


Missin ya’ll!


Language Lesson

grigio - gray

freddo - cold

caldo - hot

verde - green

arancina - orange

nero - black

bianca - white

No comments:

Post a Comment