Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 60 - Only Thirty days left


Sunday!!! We were set for two parties to come in today. One being the principal at Chef’s little boy’s school. Both parties went fairly smoothly, but after working a crazy full week, chef was a bit stressed and wanted to go home I think. We also prepped quite a bit for the next 3 days because we had an offsite catering event at a nearby hotel. We were to provide lunches for them. Our Sunday halfday turned into me getting home at 6pm.


We interns had been invited to miguel & Jasmina’s house for carbonara that night. Even though I was way exhausted, we walked there in the rain and chill. But the food was tasty! We had some crostini and salumi cheese to start. Then between 8 of us we killed a kilo of pasta carbonara. It was really really good. Then some sausages and a pork roast and some salad. MMMmmmmm!!! Luckily we were driven home, so no more walking in the rain, which was a nice change.


I Skyped with my mom and we were able to talk about here trip to Italy and Europe! I am so very excited. Looks like we will be hitting up Italy, France, and Spain!!! So much fun! Melaine is working on her ticket too, so that is going to be too much fun, and I can hardly wait.


We are all looking forward to Carlo’s return tomorrow. There has also been some hinting that we interns will all be moving up to the top of Orvieto. AWESOME!!! If this pans out, it would be outstanding. I could really use my last month here in Italy to be very fun and less walking down the dang mountain late at night in the dark.


Happy Sunday all!!!


Language Lesson


Come Va? = How’s it going?

Come se Dici = How do you say...?

Vouray = I will...


No comments:

Post a Comment