Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 69 - Unexpected Night Off



Since we are down an intern, Carlo told us today during lunch prep that we would probably not have a day off this week, besides the Monday that we just had. So we were ok with that, especially since he mentioned we would have a night off during the week. Well since we have some random parties and such during the week, my night off was tonight! So I started to scheme my plan for the evening. But first, prep for the week began with making tomato sauce, lentil & bean soup, bread, roasted potatoes and marscapone mousse. I enjoy working with Carlo a lot. He is very calm and collected and funny. At one point today, he made a faux gun with his fingers and shot it though is head. This was funny because it was in reference to something one of the boys was doing, it was hilarious. His wife also told him to tell me that she loved the dolci! Another homerun! Dana, there could be a hugh market for cuppies over here...hmmmm....


So after getting off work at 3, I went to BlueBar for some internet action. Then it was off to the alimentare for a few items for dinner. I decided I was going to make polenta with fungi & salssicia picante. Then home to change and go back out to do some present shopping for my loved ones. Colls & Kalyn look out, cause there will be some dope items coming home with me for you. I love presents!!! I found a food calendar for myself too, hehehe. Then back to home for dinner!


Since we Italians eat late, my dinner was ready by 8:30 pm, and the picture above does not give the taste of this dish justice. It looks like slop on a plate, but tasted of spicy deliciousness. I completed dinner with half a PB&J cupcake, so yummy. I think that I will work on my Italian for a bit and then I may go out, but that all depends on how cold it is outside.


Stay warm ya’ll! Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment