Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 91 - Chef’s Return


This morning brought an unexpected prep day, mainly because in the evening we had a 45 person party booked, but nothing prepped. No worries though, the menu was easy and we had plenty of time. While we cooked tomato sauce, farro and lentil soup, ravioli, cappiloni, and pork tenderloin, chef made his return from America. The only question was, when would the chaos and insanity begin?


He brought with him 2 bright red kitchen aid mixers. That is what I would call the best souvenir ever! He was definitely exhausted from all of his traveling, but happy to be home. He only had about a week of recovery time until the next group of AI study abroad students were showing up. The day was rather quiet and calm.


The dinner service for 45 was a breeze and we had them completed in almost no time. We all decided to head to VinCafe for a glass of wine after work. I had a tasty prosecco and shared the most delicious beef carpaccio with Drew. It was so amazing, I need to find out what they put on it to make it so delightful! We headed home and yes friends, I started packing and packing and packing. Two thirds of the way done and it was time for the sand man to take over me.


I can hardly believe that in just 3 days, Melaine will be here with me, it seems like an unreal dream. Only 2 days of intern work left, which seems a bit wild too. I am looking forward to a vacation of sorts. But Italy will always be in my heart, even after I leave.


Ciao Amici!


No comments:

Post a Comment