Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 77 - 17 days of Interning Left


Wild right? Only 17 days of my internship left. Seems like and odd day to celebrate, but alas, it is a Wednesday, my least favorite day of the week, so why not celebrate something noteworthy!


After a restful sleep, it was off to work. We had little prep for the week, but we did start the day by making 5 kilos of biscotti. This was for the bag and tag of the cookies that we have been doing in order to hand out as little takeaways for guests.


As it was Katie’s first day in the kitchen, it is always a nervous day for the newbie, I was one only a few short weeks ago. No one had shown her any part of the kitchen, so I took her around, showed her everything, she worked the biscotti for the second bake, and she is officially on dish pit. Welcome to the Zeppelin!


We had salmon cream sauce pasta for lunch, so i had a few bites and then passed the rest to Frankie. By the end of the shift, I was so famme! I also found out that I would be enjoying the night off, but coming back for family meal. Home, Franchesco and I played some cards. This is because the night before, we had played an Italian card game with Italian cards. It was rather fun and I was winning, so that is always a treat. With traditional cards, I taught Frankie Crazy 8’s and a game called Boston. We played both the long and short way of the 8’s and I was the victor. Boston is always a beginners game and after the first win to me, Frankie took the next 2 games. Bah! I will take him on again, have no fear!


Vito came over to work on the house internet, to no avail, thank you TelcomItaly! Then off to the restaurant. Family meal was tasty, orange and curry chicken with mashed potatoes. Then instead of doing something fun, I worked on the internet and booked some more trip details for after the internship. We all talked with Tyler via skype, he seemed to be doing rather well back at classes. I also checked out the latest Glee episode, so GREAT!!! CHECK IT!


As I write this now, it is 2:30 am now on Thursday. Yes, I need to go to bed, and I will, soon. Up watching a movie and now about to fall asleep to a podcast of ‘This American Life’. Another day ahead and another siesta to look forward too.


Good night all....

No comments:

Post a Comment