Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 85 - Weather Man, What were you smoking?


When we headed out for the restaurant today, it was fairly warm and a bit sunny out, a nice change to the rain we have been having. We were at the restaurant early because we had a tour group of about 30 folks coming in to go to the market and the demo. Drew and I were slotted to go to the market, so after prepping, we went with Carlo to meet the group. Neither one of us brought our coats, mainly because it seemed so very nice out. The walk to the meeting point was fine, then the waiting turned a little chilly. And then the rain came as soon as they pulled up, not just a little rain, but sky opening, pouring rain. I was basically drenched, hence the bad idea not to wear a coat. We headed back to the restaurant for coffees and hopefully the rain would clear a bit. The group seemed pretty amicable, even with the rain. The weather is changing faster than I can type.


Luckily, the rain cleared and we headed to the market. A few less vendors due to the rain, but it was a fine visit. The demo went well too. Overall, it was a pleasant afternoon, especially since I had the evening off, I was ready to relax. The walk home however was not fun. It was pouring like cats and dogs and horses and cows. I was soaked through my coat and pants and makeshift scarf head cover. It was awful. Angela and I walked home and could hardly wait to change clothes and warm up a bit.


Drew and I each took respective naps. I also was able to find the time to manage a home pedicure and the dying of my hair, ciao roots! Drew and I had the dinner of champions, Kraft mac & cheese and piadina. Turns out this is only a bonafide belly ache to come, but tasty while we ate it.


Yes, today was St. Patty’s day, but it is also the 150th Anniversary of the Unification of Italy. The flag was flying all day and the celebration was not deterred by the rain. I also skyped with my mom and showed her some of the presents purchased on this adventure. We talked about her trip and her new shoes for said trip. I can hardly wait!!!


Spring has Sprung in Orvieto! How about where you are?


Ciao Amici!

No comments:

Post a Comment