Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 73 - Carnivale!!!


Saturday started off with a big todo as we had the tour group of 17 in and another group of 25 that would all be eating at the same time. Frankie and Carlo went to the market with the group as Drew and I prepped everything for the two parties. it was pretty routine stuff, but the groups ended up dining at exactly the same time. It was pretty funny to have the courses called at different times. The 4 servers on were bellowing different requests at the same time, and all the while Carlo was in a mood of hilarity with the music blaring a song that is litterally called “‘Fuck You’ not the Cee Lo Green one, a girl sings this one. What a trip!


Siesta was a well deserved nap and then some internet time at blue bar. This was mainly because we were getting some rest to enable me to stay out late tongiht for the Carnivale party. Carnivale in Italy is where everyone is in masquerade masks and parties. Not sure what the rest of this history is on it, but I did get to buy a beautiful mask for the event.


Dinner service was pretty easy, 8 folks total, nothing major. I worked on some travel bookings for my time with Melaine and my mom. It is looking fun and promising. After service, it was time to get ready for the party, considering we weren’t headed down the mountain until midnight, 2 hours was plenty to get purdy and have a pre-drink.


Vito and Bonnie came over around 11:30 and Frankie, Angela, Jacinta, and I all caught the last bus down the mountain to Scalo. It was so much fun! I haven’t danced like that in a long ass time, August, probably Marcee’s wedding!!! Danced my ass off and had a blast! Bonnie and I had some shots and lemon, but I had more water than shots, just because Carlo threatened us if we were to come in drunk, it would be an ugly sight. So water and dancing! The worst part, leaving at 3 am to walk up the dreaded hill. That’s right, up the steepest hill in Orvieto, luckily,I brought my chuck taylors to wear up instead of my heals.


Overall, a wonderful time and it felt so great to dance like no one was watching! I think masks should be mandatory in Vegas, this way everyone could dance like wild with no fears.


Dance your ass off all!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment