Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 82 - Cooking Class




Katie, Franchesco, Carlo, David, and I all at the restaurant early this morning because we had a group of four ladies coming in for a cooking class. An easy menu and enough of us to go around, made for a very tranquilo class. Three of the four ladies were from the Chicago area and had all gone to collage together. The fourth was from Rio De Janeiro and is teaching Italian here in Orvieto. They were all great friends and great in the kitchen, so it was fun to connect with them and makes some tasty food. With serving them and then a few a la carte customers, we were out for the day by 3 pm, which is pretty good. We had Monday off, so I was excited to chill for a bit.


On the way home, I snagged a bottle of red wine, which I began to drink around 4 or so. After talking to my sister via skype (Buone Fortuna on your test sister), a little work on my computer, and 2 glasses of wine, I took a little siesta, just a small one, and then the three of us headed to Charlie’s for a pizza. Pictured above, you will find my favorite pie on their menu, the Tamago, mozzarella, spicy salmi, and an egg. So good! We had a good meal and then followed up with some gelati, even though it was raining outside. You only live once! Home, I watched the wrap up episode for An Idiot Abroad and laughed so much I almost cried.


Overall, it was an ideal evening, not a whole lot of stress and tasty food. It is soon to be my last day of interning and I need to get on my packing and travel plans. Someone remind me to book a flight home please!


Buone Notte!


No comments:

Post a Comment