Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 74 - Business as Usual


Sunday was a little rough for Frankie and Angela, they may have drank a bit too much on Saturday evening. I made carbonara for family meal, it may be the best hangover pasta ever. With the guanciale (cured pork cheek) being the best part of the dish! We had a party of 14 scheduled to come in, but it was going to be an easy day. We had a bit of prep for a party on Monday, but other than that, business as usual.


Thankfully, we were still scheduled for the half day Sunday. I took a small little nap and then had to go to the cafe down the street for internet access. I had to be on a skype call with my HOA, so that was fun times. I did get to skype with my Mom, which was long overdue. I miss her!!! We talked about our trip, and I can hardly wait for her to cross the pond. I booked our flights to Paris from Rome, so next is the apartment in Firenze and the one in Barcelona next. It is going to be a whirlwind of a trip.


I also wrapped up my taxes!!! I may be the only person who likes to do my taxes, there is some weird satisfaction that I get out of it. Anyway, now all I need to do is review them quick and submit. One thing off of my list.


The rest of the day was really easy, I had a piadina for dinner, that made me have restless sleep and nightmares, so I put myself on a ban for at least 5 days. They are just too good to resist sometimes. Ready for the week to start and new interns to come.


Ciao!!!



Language Lesson


Fabriche - Scissors

Pentola - Pan

O'rologio - Clock


No comments:

Post a Comment