Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 84 - I feel like a Natural Woman




Yes, the title of this post may be a bit bizarre, but the lyric from the song is the best way that I can describe what happened to me today. I had the morning off, and with my best intentions, planned on sleeping in. However, the lovely cleaning lady came in at 10 am on the dot, so the plan was foiled. I decided to finally act on my words. I had been claiming for 2 weeks that I would get a haircut. This was mainly due to the fact that my hair was growing wild and out of control. On these humid days it was like trying to get four horse tails into one ponytail. It was so awful. I had even attempted a time earlier the week before, but the ladies were not very nice.


So I headed of to the Handy Hair Salon, a few doors down from the restaurant, and stated exactly what I needed:


“Vorrei un taglio de cappeli. Se sei disponible?”

I would like a haircut. Are you available now?


They were very nice at this shop and I only waited a few moments. It was enough time to peruse some of their Italian hair magazines, wild styles Dana, but very cool. It was also funny to see in the articles Colomer brands like Framesi mentioned. Colomer was my first job I had, so it has just about come full circle seeing their name in print her in Italy. After a quick wash, it was time to get down to business. The lady is no Janelle (My amazing stylist in Denver), but she was pretty good. I asked for about 4 inches off the mop, we agreed on a few layers and to dry it curly. Of course she added a shit-ton of volume and a few Farrah Faucett waves, it was really bouncy and a weight off of my shoulders. I felt like a normal human being again...a natural woman. Hahahaha!


I headed to the family meal lunch, where Carlo had prepared a delicious carbonara with homemade pasta. What a treat and a great morning. After a little nap at siesta, it was time to head into work for the evening dinner service. A few customers but nothing major, we finished making preparations for the tour group that would be coming in the following morning. I headed home and was so glad to see my pillow after such a relaxing and eventful day.


Ciao Amici!


P.S. Enjoy the before and after of my hairtastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment