Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 92 - The toughest question ever asked???


I posed the following question to all of my roommates today, and I swear it was the most difficult one they had ever been presented with: If you could have a tangible item from America, what would it be? You would have thought I asked them the meaning of life. I thought that they would have jumped in with answers immediately, but it took them a while, almost the entire day to figure out their answers.


Here were a few: KoolAid packets, Sirachi sauce, Kraft Shapes mac & cheese, peanut butter cups, gummies, and of course, Peanut Butter!!! (that one is mine). My hope is that my mom will be able to bring some of these comforts of home with her to disperse to my pals. It doesn’t seem like much, but who knew that koolaid and candy could cure our homesick aches.


We had the normal tour group in today with the demo, so that was fun. Then we had a short siesta, mainly because Chef started in with making all kinds of items late in the day. More riccotta mousse, candied orange pieces, and blood orange gelato. Instead of packing on siesta, I spent time sleeping and doing laundry.


Neither chef nor Carlo would be in for dinner service, so I was appointed Chef for the evening. We had tasty carbonara for dinner and then it was time to butcher down 10 lamb legs. At first it was like the blind mice trying to figure out the best way to butcher, but we came around, and found the best way. We had a few customers a la carte, and then we thought it was time to close up shop. Just then, at 9:15. a two top walked in. They were an easy order, but sat for over an hour and a half, which means we had to sit too. No fun.


Once home, I took a quick bath since I was feeling a little out of sorts and then hit they hay. You guessed it, no packing again. I am sure by me staving off the last part of my packing was due to me not wanting to pack. I know that it is time for me to move on and to start a new adventure, but this chapter was just starting to get really good. I have navigated the Italian way and have a decent handle on it now, and now I have to uproot and start again. But no worries, there are plenty more adventures to come. I just need to figure them out....hahahaha!


Tomorrow will bring my final day as an intern at Ristorante Zeppelin. It will be a bittersweet departure for sure, but a great life story as well.


Sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite...ciao, ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment