Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 71 - Italian Taco Bell??? Yum!!!


Thursday, more prep for the weekend; custard, Zuppa Inglese, pasta, pork, bread, and crispella, and fungi and salsiccia sauce. I made 2 batches of umbrechelli pasta for a party on Saturday. No customers at lunch, but instead of siesta, we were tasked with sticking around the restaurant to work a pastry class. However, the class never showed up. So I was able to make some calls and look into some travel.


In just 3 weeks from tomorrow, I will be finished with my internship, how wild is that? Then it is 20 days of travel some with Melaine and some with Moms. I mapped out the days and the travel and started figuring travel plans. I spoke with Melaine today, she had a tough decision to make, all the way south to Sicily or halfway south to Naples, Pompei, and the Amalfi Coast. The decision is hers to choose where we spend 4 days, but I am sure she can be persuaded if any of you have strong feelings one way or the other...hehehe! Then I spoke with Moms, who was way busy at work, and it looks like we will be flying to both Paris and Spain because of cost effectiveness.


Finally, I was able to call Kim and start thinking what she wants for her 30th Bday that is pending. We also discussed a stint at the DQ for me too when I return stateside. I am pumped and hope that it all works out!!! Then it was time for dinner, just a few customers, nothing major.


The best part of the night was our 10:30 pm run to the Piadina shop. They were just about closed, but we snagged the last two ones. At home, at the kitchen table, and chowing down on the piadina. It is like Italy’s version of Taco Bell, but better!!! So tasty delicious. I can not wait to have another. Ha!!! Finishing the evening with a glass of milk and a shower. I am like a little kid sometimes!


Hope you all are staying warm and dry stateside. Another rainy, rainy evening in Orvieto tonight.


Ciao, Ciao!


Language Lesson


Il Dito - Finger

La Testa - Head

Mal Testa - Headache

La Gamba - Leg

La Bocca - Mouth


No comments:

Post a Comment