Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 70 - Long Live Siesta and Wednesdays


I normally am not a fan of Wednesdays, however, today was quite lovely. It was a rainy day again today, but not too bad. We had quite a bit of prep to do for the next 4 days, we have a party everyday starting on Friday thru Monday. We made cingale stew, beef stew, zucchini flan, bread, and I made chocolate stir cake too. Lunch was no people, but the prep was nice and relaxing. I was in charge of both stews and the cake (for us to eat after dinner) they all turned out really tasty.


Siesta time, and how nice it was to have a quick 8 minute walk home to my new pad, and an amazing mattress. My siesta nap was splendid; 1.5 hours of deep sleep. Dinner was slow, 4 customers total, but I cooked it all solo, so that was fun too. We had the cinagale stew and flan for family meal tonight, and a personal good job from Carlo, smiles on my face. Frankie and I made Stir em up mix em cake. This is a Papa Olst recipe that came from a hilarious 80’s recipe booklet that Marlboro published. A tasty cake that is fun to make! I will publish the recipe over the weekend.


We got out fairly early from work, and headed around to 2 of the bars here in Orvieto, but no one was out. So we three headed out. I tried my first attempt at the washing machine. It is located outside on our terrace and needs the water to be turned on from the sink right next to the machine. It is pretty interesting. Drew and I had some milk and cookies before bed. then it was off to shower. I have also been purchasing a TV show called ‘An Idiot Abroad’ via ITunes. Ricky Gervais had the brilliant idea of sending his friend Karl around the world to see the 7 Wonders. Karl is a tough cookie to impress, but the show is so very very funny!!! You should check it out either on I Tunes for purchase or on the Science Channel on Saturdays I think. You may be able to ondemand it too. Gervais explains it as the most expensive practical joke he has ever pulled. Fantastic way to end my evening.


Oh it was also pouring rain like cats & dogs last night, so much rain that I thought the washing machine water was rushing into the house...lets hope the sun is out in the morning!


Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment