Monday, January 3, 2011

Day 10 - The Cellphone


genario 2, 2011


The last day of work for the week, as we have Monday off!!! So Excited!!! More on that later. We had a 75 person party for this day, 5 courses, minimal prep. We knocked out all the prep before 12 and had family meal. The party started at 12:30. With me sort of guiding the plating this time, it went a bit more smoothly than on NYE, but dingy Franny (Franchesco = CIA) still did not plate efficently nor did Tyler (J&W). This is the moment that I knew my schooling was above and beyond what these chumps received. Yes I am aware that there is ego in all of us, clearly I have one, as do you kind reader. But there seem to be a disconnect between the schooling that these guys have received and what they are taking away from it. I know all programs are different, but I thank AIC for the methods, plating experience, restaurant, art culinaire, and the ability to be demanding of others.


Anyway, let’s get back to how awesome I plated everything with speed and beauty (ego check). After the salumi plate went out, we moved onto Truffle rissotto, umbrechelli, wild boar stew & lamb, then the dolci. I also got to stir the pot of rissotto, Carlo let me, so excited. I was always there to jump in. This is mainly because the other two were constantly on their cellphones on Facebook. I would have thought that coming here, there would not be the issue of laziness tied to cellphones, but I am wrong. This works to my benefit because these fools were too busy not paying attention, that I was able to jump in and be the right hand woman today. This felt good.


We had a nice break of almost 3 hours today, this is when I booked my trip to Florence! I figured that the next day off is no where in sight, so I might as well get out and see some sights. Leaving early in the morning Monday via the train. It will take about 2 hours to get there. I also figured that it would be nice to sleep in a comfortable bed, with no roommates, and have a little privacy. So, I am staying overnight and will catch the train back in the morning as we do not have to be in on Tuesday till 10. More on Florence in the next posts.


Language Lesson 3

Domenica = Sunday

Allora = Alright (i.e.; alright, what’s next or now)

Cotsa or Menkia = Dick (it’s a kitchen, what can I say)

Va Fancullo = Go F*** your self in general terms


1 comment:

  1. Ego is okay, but if you are going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk...AND YOU DID!!

    WAY TO REPRESENT!

    Enjoy your well deserved break!

    ReplyDelete