Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 21 - A glint of hope...Nope



So after spending 2 days messing with WIFI, we came home for siesta and the Internet was working!!! A victory for us USA kids who want to connect with family, friends, and the rest of the world. I know I am to be out jet-setting and seeing Italy, but I can only really do that on days off, which keep getting canceled, or in Orvieto, which is smaller than my hometown.


The internet worked all afternoon and after dinner service, where we only served 2 people, again, we came home to find the internet not working, again. So frustrating to be promised something for 3 weeks with no positive outcome. Anywho, I did get to make some ravioli on the hot line today, so that was very fun. Otherwise, we had a very tasty family meal today, Pork Chops and french fries. So Tasty!!! Marcee, this chop was the size of your head, no lie. And really tender and not overcooked. It was a special treat for sure. And fries two days in a row was even better. But nonetheless, a slow Thursday for sure.


Chef Lorenzo will be in the kitchen all day tomorrow, so I can only imagine that it will be way chaotic and we will make a bunch of bullshit and mencia (men-key-a, spelling? This means ‘dick’ in Italian).


Miss you all!

Nikita


1 comment:

  1. Is there a recipe for bullshit and mencia?! I don't know if that is in my collection!

    ReplyDelete