Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 24 - Half day Sunday!!!


After a late evening the night before, we were all glad to have just a half day on Sunday. A few folks for lunch, but not many, then clean up and home. Tyler went to Rome in the afternoon with his dad, as it was his last day in Italy. Francheso went to sleep, and I went home, changed, and back up to Orvieto. I was in need of a little mini vacation from my crap bed, so I booked a room at the Grand Hotel Italia. Very nice, close to the center of town, and booking on their website made it rather affordable. The rooms was a nice double and blazing hot which was a nice alternative to my apartment. It was pretty cool, you needed your key to access the power in the room, a great way to conserve power on their side.


I know it seems silly to get a hotel room for an evening, in the town I work, but, I needed a mental break from it all, best idea!!! I met up with Franchesco in the evening for some gelati, I just can’t get enough of the Black cherry! Then we met Tyler and his dad at the Beer House (the boys were hoping to meet up with the bama kids again. This time, I ordered a hot dog. Much better choice!!! Yes Fuel friends, in the land of carbs, I can still get my hands on a decent hot dog, so happy!


Some of the group showed, the boys were on their ‘A’ game, maybe more like ‘B’ game, but still. I headed back to my hotel around midnight, skyped with my mom and then tracked some of the Golden Globe happenings, since I missed throwing a party for you all this year, I was there in spirit. After a late night, the rest was welcomed in a comfy bed and warm space. One more day of work, then a day off!!!


Goodnight all!


1 comment:

  1. It makes total sense to take care of yourself! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

    Vietnam is the same way with the "key of power".

    ReplyDelete