Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 15 - Gelato Menta


Dear Readers,


It is Friday here in Orvieto Italy, and the restaurant is open all day. We started with prepping Chingalle (wild boar stew) and a meaty tomato sauce. By meaty I mean all the left over remnants of pancetta, salami, and the such. It was a good way to start the day, I really enjoy all the prep work for cooking. I find the chopping, slicing. stirring. etc. to be very relaxing. From here we started coffee semifreddo, a dessert that we serve. Chef Lorenzo came in with Chef Kim and two other ladies. The two ladies will be taking an 8 day cooking class with Chef. Starting tomorrow, they will be in for both lunch and dinner taking cooking classes and lessons from Lorenzo. Should be interesting to see what they make!


It looks like I will be off dish pit tomorrow, which is awesome!!! I am moving to the salad & dessert station. Building meat & cheese plates, salads, desserts and such; should be fun!!! On break today I walked a bit in town. Looking at lots of shoes and boots that I will eventually decide to buy some of, stopping at the market for some milk and meat and such. Finally grabbing a gelato before work. I ended up getting the mint chip, it was very good, but the mint was almost scope like at times, so I think next time i will stick to chocolate! Yum, can I get another tomorrow???


Yes, yes I can and so should you!


Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment