Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 32 - Changes a Foot


Shout out to Brian, Miki, and Lindsay for chatting it up with me on the phone a few days ago, it was a nice treat to catch you all at once and talk about my cappuccino addiction and about how much I miss you all Wish they had a XBox Kinect Dance Game here.


Slow Monday with just a small party of 7 scheduled for lunch. Since we were at another 2 week mark, it was time to make job changes. I was moving to hot line! Yeah, after a month, I was excited to try out my abilities. Not that there is anything wrong with pantry and dishpit, since they are both key parts of the kitchen, but I am excited to challenge myself. We ended up having one customer in the evening, and it was roommate Tyler. Plated two dishes of three so it felt good.


Afterwards, chef took us all out for a beer. On sleepy Mondays, only 2 places in Orvieto were open so we hit up a place called Clan Destino. Small, but they were playing decent music (it was a dvd of the 1985 LiveAid, of the 5 of us, Chef & I were the only ones even alive when that happened) Beers came and so did some small bites, gratis of the house. I would not recommend eating them next time. I think the only safe thing was the peanuts, but those were probably not ideal either. But it was still fun.


With my day off only 1 work day away, I was getting excited for a day away. Chef has been promising to change the menu for a few weeks now and he stated that Tuesday morning, we would be butchering a pig. Of course we were all excited, but not sure if it would actually happen or not. But it would be the best 1 month anniversary present ever if it did.


Bueno Notte Amicis!



Language Lesson

Amici = Friend

Rigottsi = Guys

Rigottsa = Gal/Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment