Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 31 - Sunday Funday (Sunday SnoozeDay)



I look forward to Sundays because we only work the morning, which is so very nice considering we usually go out the night before and tend to get in a tad late. This Sunday, like the rest was a tad slow, although, we did have a few customers. As I counted down the hours till I was able to be snug as a bug back in my blanket, I kept threatening to the boys that I was not leaving the house that night and that dinner would be to delish since my mom had sent me a wonderful little treat. Of course, I coined myself the old lady and they only gave me a little grief.


The shower and the cozy nap ensued and was delightful, however, I did have my first work dream. Carlo, the sous chef, was yelling at me to make gnocchi faster, but it was a different type, because instead of potatoes, he was making me use pears for the bast of the gnocchi. It was wild and if the proportions were there, it would probably be good too.


I skped with my mom which was lovely and then made the dinner she sent. Yes in the land of carbs, with fresh pasta everywhere, I made Blue Box Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. (I will give you this time to snicker, make comments, etc.)

It was such a silly comfort food to want, yet it was so tasty. After my indulgence of an American treat, the boys razzed me enough to go up the mountain to have dinner with them, even though I was only going to order dessert. Begrudgingly, I changed out of sweat pants and went. After walking around for a while and not finding a decent place open to eat, I went home, with the ‘old lady’ comments trailing off behind me.


I have decided that this next Sunday will consist of almost the same thing, except no changing out of sweats and since I hit the Euro Spin grocery store, some tasty meal.


Enjoy your Sundays and make sure to spend them however you want!!!

Nikki

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you again.

    Nothing wrong with being grateful for quiet moments dusted with orange cheese dust!

    ReplyDelete