Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Florence - Part 3












After some relaxing, it was off to Dinner. Reccomendation from the hotel was Trattoria ZaZa. Just 5 blocks away and rather busy at 9 pm since everyone eats late over here. A short wait and then I was seated. The athmosphere was pretty great, fun tables, cool portraits lining the walls, very neat. I ordered the fried polenta with liver pate and porcini mushrooms. Then the Carbonarra, which was a bit too salty for me, but was super yolk induced, so it was overall pretty tasty. Then of course, dolci! Flourless chocolate tart with homemade custard pudding. SO GOOD! It was the perfect end to a great meal. On the way home i was able to enjoy the lights on the streets and the tree in front of the Duromo was all lit up.


Back to room 22 (which also happens to be my favorite number), a little more emailing and then bed. My train was early, 6:30, so I put my cute boots on one last time and walked the 10 minutes back the train station that was already bustling. On the train it was dark and quiet and I slept for an hour of the 1:30 trip. Once home I took another hour nap before having to get ready for a day at work.


Florence is amazing and I would love for you all to see it in person. I will be going back, next time less shopping and more seeing the works and beauty the city offers.


Ciao!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all the great pics and keeping us up to date!

    ReplyDelete