Monday, January 31, 2011

Day 37 - Saturday was a busy one


So it was another Saturday with a class of 10 students coming in in the morning for cooking fun. We also had 2 parties of 30 coming in the evening that we needed to finish up some of the last bits of prep for. The class was fun, they made quite a lot of food, as per normal. I helped break down artichokes for frying and worked on the fresh ricotta filling for sweet raviolis.


On siesta, I was able to talk to Moe, which was wonderful! I am also in the process of updating my resume, which is so boring, but way necessary. Any one want to hire me in a few months?


Dinner service seemed to whoosh right by. The first party, a group of 28 Arizona State University kids came in at 7:45pm. There were plans made to meet up with all the collage kids after work, which always seems like a good idea. The last party was an Italian group with 2 more courses than the first group, but the plating and service went fairly smooth.


The schedule was posted too. I have Tuesday off this coming week. I am thinking of going to Assisi, but still deciding at this point. Carlo told me that next week I will have both Sunday and Monday off of work, so exciting! I am going to go to Bologna and can hardly wait! It should be rather fun and food filled (and shoe filled). Hopefully that is what will happen (fingers crossed).


We went out and met all the kids out. It was fun and interesting. Kudos to both Frankie and Tyler for being gentlemen to the ladies that they are interested in. I met a U of M fan, so it was fun to get to tease them about their latest football season. Anywho, the walk down the San Francisco-esque hill at 2 am was no fun, especially since it was raining.


Looking forward to a half day Sunday for sure though! Hope you all had a great weekend!


Nikki


P.S. - Mom, I found the perfect tattoo for you, it is only 3 lines and would be perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment