Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 11 - Florence Part 1






genario 3, 2011


I am currently typing on the train to Florence. This is a rather nice, quiet train ride and I have a cabin all to myself, see photo. I will get in around 10 am and then check into my Hotel, drop off my bag, and begin the sightseeing. I dressed like an Italian today, cute leather boots and a fancy jacket. This is what the ladies where everyday. Even in Orvieto they will be wearing high heels and such walking the hills and cobblestone streets. This is my kind of country!!!


Thanks to my sister, I am working on my shopping plan. She gave the guide to Italian shopping, so it looks like most of the stores are closed till 3 on Mondays, which will give me plenty of time to sight see, hit museums, and eat and nap. Then it is off to some Vintage designer shops, Salvatore Ferragamo (they are having a basement sale, can’t wait) and then the markets. I am on the hunt for some leather goods at good prices...wish me luck! The guys went to Rome, so ideally, next time I will get to travel alone again too, score!!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what you acquire! Maybe some pics later?

    ReplyDelete