Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 28 - Party Harty

We started the morning with an early trip to the market with 10 students from KSU and Chef. It was a bit cold and rainy, but still good. We purchased some guancale (pork cheek) from the meat truck, that was pretty fun. Some black cabbage, fresh arugula, cherry tomatoes, and plenty of cheese to boot. It was nice to have a smaller group to cook with this time. With Tyler making bread, me on getting the party food ready for the 82 person party, and Franchesco working the students, this was a very lively kitchen so early.


The students made some tasty items, but the chocolate mousse was the best. And if you hadn't already guessed it, my roommates were trying to figure out which gal to swoon. Always fun to watch! The 82 person party came an hour and a half late, so that was fun, but if you can believe it, we served 3 courses to these folks in an hour! Wild, but fun. No siesta break today, but also had no customers in the evening. The boys went out, and I went home. Yes this is lame of me! So What! I needed some down time, a hot shower, and sleep.

I was able to talk with my mom and my friend Melaine, so that was amazing. Sleep came well on this chilly day in Orvieto.

Miss you all!

1 comment: