Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 14 - French Fries & Mayonnaise







Hello Readers,


Today we had a half day, so only service at lunch. Apparently it was a holiday today, Witches Day, so lunch was pretty busy. I made umbregelli pasta,(similar to spaghetti) that was fun, even though the machine does all the muscle work, it was still great to make it and pull and wrap it. That sounds kind of dirty, but it isn’t at all I swear!!! We started making truffle sauce today too, this goes with our ravioli and a cheese dish that we have on the menu. Onions, garlic, mushrooms and black olives sauteed with some white wine. Add a pound of black truffles, add 2 cups water, cook till dry. From here we will blend it, that comes tomorrow. I will finish said directions then.


Roomies and I went to Blue Bar for some internet time. I was able to Skype with MOE!!! So great to see her face and fancy hair! I know it was early there, like 9 am, but thank you for being awake for the fun times. I can’t wait to do it again. If anyone wants to add me to their Skype, my name in there is nicole.olst2, be friends with me. In theory, we will be getting wifi at the apartment next week, although I think it will take a bit longer than a week, I am keeping my fingers crossed, as should you all, that would mean more up to date posts, :).


We then went to Pizzeria Charlie for dinner. They served french fries with mayo and catsup, so excited for this, even if they were frozen. We all then ordered 3 different types of pizza; Me with a fresh egg, pancetta, and mozzarella: Franchesco with corn, sausage, and hot dogs: Tyler with sausage, mozzarella, and french fries. So very delicious all of them. They had over 30 different types of pizza, all sorts of combinations. I can’t wait to go back and try something else!!! We caught the last bus home just in time, so we did not have to walk, which was a very pleasant surprise.


Write to you all tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment